Care home's panto performance 'to give residents a festive treat'
- Credit: Oulton Park Care Centre
Care home staff are taking on a new challenge over the festive season - as they prepare to put on a special show for the residents.
Staff at Oulton Park Care Centre, near Lowestoft, are busy rehearsing for a performance of Cinderella as they aim to "give residents a festive treat."
Andrea Pullinger, activities co-ordinator at the Barchester Healthcare home at Union Lane, Oulton, has taken on the role of the narrator and director.
She said: “In normal times we would have lots of entertainers visiting the home in the build-up to Christmas, but the need to protect residents from Covid-19 has prevented that this year.
“However, we were determined to still give residents a festive treat and decided to put on our own pantomime instead.”
Staff from across the home are taking part with the lead role of Cinderella played by administration assistant Gemma Hatton.
It will be performed next Thursday, December 17 at 2pm, and it is hoped to send residents’ families a video of the performance.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 4 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 5 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 8 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales