CARLFest returns this bank holiday weekend with a host of musical talent
- Credit: Archant
A popular music festival which continues the legacy of a Lowestoft man who died from a rare form of cancer is set to return.
CARLFest is taking place across the four days of the bank holiday weekend and will showcase 28 local acts.
The annual festival has been organised by the Care and Real Lovin' charitable foundation (CARL), which was founded in 2012 by Dean 'Carl' Lawson after he was diagnosed with his illness.
In the final months of his life, Mr Lawson devoted himself to fundraising, including the organisation of the inaugural CARLFest. The event has continued ever since at the Mariner's Rest and continues to raise money for local people.
Organisers have thanked Heineken UK, who will sponsor this year's event and have donated all of the stock for the festival's outdoor bar. All sales will go directly to Care And Real Lovin'.
You may also want to watch:
CARLFest takes place from today until Monday, August 28.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/careandreallovin
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted