CARLFest returns this bank holiday weekend with a host of musical talent
- Credit: Archant
A popular music festival which continues the legacy of a Lowestoft man who died from a rare form of cancer is set to return.
CARLFest is taking place across the four days of the bank holiday weekend and will showcase 28 local acts.
The annual festival has been organised by the Care and Real Lovin' charitable foundation (CARL), which was founded in 2012 by Dean 'Carl' Lawson after he was diagnosed with his illness.
In the final months of his life, Mr Lawson devoted himself to fundraising, including the organisation of the inaugural CARLFest. The event has continued ever since at the Mariner's Rest and continues to raise money for local people.
Organisers have thanked Heineken UK, who will sponsor this year's event and have donated all of the stock for the festival's outdoor bar. All sales will go directly to Care And Real Lovin'.
You may also want to watch:
CARLFest takes place from today until Monday, August 28.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/careandreallovin
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage