Peter picks up ‘Greatest Loser’ title after losing more than six stone
- Credit: Archant
Being the best at losing wouldn't normally help you to scoop an award, but one man from Carlton Colville has done just that after being named the 'Greatest Loser' 2018.
Peter Lang, 51, has lost a life-changing 6st 1.5lb and won the title at the Carlton Colville Monday Slimming World group for losing the most weight.
Mr Lang, who has gone from 18st 13.5lb to 12st 12lb, said: 'There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a loser when it feels this good.
'I feel like a new man since losing weight – in fact, I look so different that people who I haven't seen for a while often can't believe I'm the same person. For me though it's the change on the inside that's been the greatest – I'm happier, healthier and much more confident now.'
Mr Lang joined the group in August last year.
You may also want to watch:
His weight was putting a huge strain on his health and he suffered with severe asthma, high blood pressure and got breathless easily.
He said: 'My weight impacted on so many aspects of my life, from struggling to find clothes that I like to fit to not being able to do simple everyday tasks without feeling tired and out of breath. Before I lost the weight I hated having my photo taken and whenever I saw pictures of myself I knew that my smile wasn't real – yet now I'm beaming.'
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 8 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 9 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 10 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
Mr Lang was referred to the group by his GP and has followed in the footsteps of his mother who also lost over six stone with Slimming World.
He said: 'I still enjoy all my favourite meals like burgers and chips and roast dinners but I've learned how to make small changes like using lean meat or cooking with low calorie spray instead of oil or butter. I know that I haven't 'gone on a diet', this is a change that I've made for life and have the tools I need to keep up forever.'
Mr Lang has gone from a size 40' waist to 32' waist, and now enjoys Nordic walking, power walking and cycling.
For more information visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk