Woman, 76, picks up Miss Slinky title after losing six stone
- Credit: Archant
Josephine Reed is starting the new year as a new woman after losing more than six stone.
The 76-year-old from Carlton Colville went from 19st 6lbs to 13st 3.5lbs after joining Slimming World in April 2016.
She has dropped a huge 6st 2.5lbs, going from a dress size 22 to a size 14, and is still loosing weight at the Wednesday Slimming World group at Bloodmoor Hill. And Mrs Reed got the new year off to a good start after being voted Miss Slinky 2017 for her group after wowing fellow members with her achievements.
Mrs Reed said: 'I was already really looking forward to this Christmas and feeling glamorous enough to wear the outfits I've been dreaming of. And winning the title of Miss Slinky means I have even more reasons to celebrate.'
Mrs Reed followed Slimming World's Food Optimising healthy eating plan, which encourages members to satisfy their appetite on healthy foods like fruit and vegetables, pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat and fish.
You may also want to watch:
Justine Gillings, who runs the group, said: 'The festive season is a time of year for getting dressed up and having a good time. However when people are overweight they often dread it because they feel uncomfortable and out of place at parties – that's if they don't make an excuse to avoid socialising altogether.
'This year I know Josephine felt completely different from previous years showing off her gorgeous new figure with poise and assurance.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
The group meets at Bloodmoor Hill Community Hall in Carlton Colville every Wednesday at 10am and noon. For more information call 07789407163.