Woman, 76, picks up Miss Slinky title after losing six stone
- Credit: Archant
Josephine Reed is starting the new year as a new woman after losing more than six stone.
The 76-year-old from Carlton Colville went from 19st 6lbs to 13st 3.5lbs after joining Slimming World in April 2016.
She has dropped a huge 6st 2.5lbs, going from a dress size 22 to a size 14, and is still loosing weight at the Wednesday Slimming World group at Bloodmoor Hill. And Mrs Reed got the new year off to a good start after being voted Miss Slinky 2017 for her group after wowing fellow members with her achievements.
Mrs Reed said: 'I was already really looking forward to this Christmas and feeling glamorous enough to wear the outfits I've been dreaming of. And winning the title of Miss Slinky means I have even more reasons to celebrate.'
Mrs Reed followed Slimming World's Food Optimising healthy eating plan, which encourages members to satisfy their appetite on healthy foods like fruit and vegetables, pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat and fish.
You may also want to watch:
Justine Gillings, who runs the group, said: 'The festive season is a time of year for getting dressed up and having a good time. However when people are overweight they often dread it because they feel uncomfortable and out of place at parties – that's if they don't make an excuse to avoid socialising altogether.
'This year I know Josephine felt completely different from previous years showing off her gorgeous new figure with poise and assurance.'
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
The group meets at Bloodmoor Hill Community Hall in Carlton Colville every Wednesday at 10am and noon. For more information call 07789407163.