Carlton Colville Slimming World consultant meets Australian star Jason Donovan
- Credit: Archant
A Slimming World consultant spent the evening with legendary soap actor and popstar Jason Donovan when he swapped Ramsay Street for the annual Slimming World Awards.
Mr Donovan co-hosted the event - held at Birmingham's International Convention Centre - with the organisation's chairman and founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE.
Claire Bond, who runs a Slimming World group in Carlton Colville, was one of the lucky consultants who got the chance to meet the Australian star, and said it was the perfect way to end a very successful year.
'I couldn't be prouder of the members of the Carlton Colville group,' she said.
'They've lost fantastic amounts of weight throughout 2015, with many of them making their weight loss dreams come true by hitting their target weight, improving their health and more.
You may also want to watch:
'It's so rewarding to see people being able to do things that they didn't think possible before losing weight, whether that's wearing smaller clothes, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or being able to do more with their family and friends.'
Mr Donovan, who found fame on soap opera Neighbours before launching a pop music and stage career, said he was thrilled to be invited.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
'At the awards I met lots of people who've lost incredible amounts of weight and it has completely changed their lives – in fact, it's saved their lives in some cases,' he said.
'And every single one of them told me that they couldn't have made the changes they have to eat more healthily and become more active without the help and support of their Slimming World group and their consultant, so people like Claire are clearly very important.'
Last year was a big year for Slimming World as it welcomed hundreds of thousands of members and launched its first food range.
Ms Bond added: 'Lots of people will be making resolutions to lose weight and improve their health this New Year.
'I truly believe that joining their local Slimming World group is the best way for people to lose weight and learn new habits.'
To find out more about Ms Bond's group call 01502 471839 or visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk for your nearest group.