Richard becomes new slimming consultant after losing almost 4st
- Credit: Archant
A slimmer who transformed his life by losing almost four stone is using his success to shape a whole new career helping other people achieve their weight loss dreams.
Richard Neale from Carlton Colville, dropped 3st 11lb after joining Slimming World in July last year, going from 18st 9lb to 14st 12lb.
And now the 45-year-old has trained as a consultation at the organisation's national training academy in Derbyshire ready to take over his own group later this month.
Mr Neale, who recently won the title of Mr Sleek after being voted for by other members of his group, said: 'As a man, joining a slimming group was a big decision and very nerve-wracking, but I can honestly say it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.
'Like a lot of slimmers, I had tried to lose weight so many times before by following numerous diets but they were never sustainable because I'd always get tired of restricting what I ate. But when I came to Slimming World it was different. I never felt like I was on a diet because the eating plan encourages you to eat lots of tasty, filling foods like pasta, rice, potatoes and lean meat and fish, you are never hungry and no foods are banned so there's no deprivation.
You may also want to watch:
'Obesity is becoming such a huge issue across the UK. When I first joined Slimming World as a member, I never dreamed that I would end up helping other people to lose weight but now I just can't wait to get started.
'As someone who has lost weight myself I know the challenges people can face, which is why, along with the group, I will be there to support every one of my members all the way to their chosen target weight. Setting targets, sharing recipes and other ideas, and working together as a group to overcome challenges and celebrate success is so important to a successful journey.'
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
Mr Neale will also be encouraging members to become more active too.
He said: 'Everything counts from walking to gardening to washing the car. I love going to the gym, swimming and cycling to get my Body Magic!'
Mr Neale's Slimming World group will be held at Grove Primary School in Carlton Colville every Wednesday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm from January 17.
For more information call 07905672240or visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk