Carnival Queen charity announced
PROCEEDS from the Journal's Carnival Queen competition are set to go to the James Paget Palliative Care Unit appeal.The �1.5m centre is planned for building next year at the earliest, but it is all dependant on local people supporting it with donations.
PROCEEDS from the Journal's Carnival Queen competition are set to go to the James Paget Palliative Care Unit appeal.
The �1.5m centre is planned for building next year at the earliest, but it is all dependant on local people supporting it with donations.
Last year The Journal raised �775 for the appeal during the contest and we hoped to top that in 2009.
The centre will offer people with serious illnesses such as cancer or motor neurone disease support to help them remain independent and have a better quality of life.
We are still looking for more entries to find a new female ambassador for Lowestoft, with the winner being selected during a special ceremony on Sunday, June 28, at the Marina Theatre,
We are looking for a girl to be a figurehead over the coming year and most prominently during the carnival procession on Sunday, August 9.
- 1 Deal struck to acquire major Lowestoft shopping centre
- 2 New car rental development unveiled to 'rejuvenate vacant site'
- 3 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 4 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 5 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 6 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
- 7 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 8 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 9 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 10 Next stage of ultrafast broadband construction work to begin
It doesn't matter if you're a housewife, student, married woman, single mum or school girl, if you think you have got what it takes then we want to hear from you.
The competition is all about personality and judges will shortlist 20 girls from the entry forms we receive, based on the answers given to the eight questions on the coupon below.
If you're picked, you will be given a free photographic sitting at Picture Studios, our main prize sponsor in London Road North.
On the evening the make up will be done by two representatives from Clinique at Boots in Lowestoft and each girl is asked to bring an evening dress of their choice to wear.
Tickets, at �5, are on sale now at the Marina box office on 01502 533200.
To enter, simply fill in the entry form in today's Journal and attach a recent photograph of yourself.