Carnival Queen charity announced
PROCEEDS from the Journal's Carnival Queen competition are set to go to the James Paget Palliative Care Unit appeal.The �1.5m centre is planned for building next year at the earliest, but it is all dependant on local people supporting it with donations.
PROCEEDS from the Journal's Carnival Queen competition are set to go to the James Paget Palliative Care Unit appeal.
The �1.5m centre is planned for building next year at the earliest, but it is all dependant on local people supporting it with donations.
Last year The Journal raised �775 for the appeal during the contest and we hoped to top that in 2009.
The centre will offer people with serious illnesses such as cancer or motor neurone disease support to help them remain independent and have a better quality of life.
You may also want to watch:
We are still looking for more entries to find a new female ambassador for Lowestoft, with the winner being selected during a special ceremony on Sunday, June 28, at the Marina Theatre,
We are looking for a girl to be a figurehead over the coming year and most prominently during the carnival procession on Sunday, August 9.
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 8 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 9 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
It doesn't matter if you're a housewife, student, married woman, single mum or school girl, if you think you have got what it takes then we want to hear from you.
The competition is all about personality and judges will shortlist 20 girls from the entry forms we receive, based on the answers given to the eight questions on the coupon below.
If you're picked, you will be given a free photographic sitting at Picture Studios, our main prize sponsor in London Road North.
On the evening the make up will be done by two representatives from Clinique at Boots in Lowestoft and each girl is asked to bring an evening dress of their choice to wear.
Tickets, at �5, are on sale now at the Marina box office on 01502 533200.
To enter, simply fill in the entry form in today's Journal and attach a recent photograph of yourself.