Cash boost for church after fund-raiser is a big success
- Credit: Archant
An annual autumn fayre has raised £1,200 for Pakefield Church funds.
A number of stalls and activities took place last Saturday, November 21, with all of the money collected being put towards the general upkeep of the church - which is needs to raise £70,000 a year to keep running.
Homemade cakes along with fudge, scones and biscuits proved extremely popular with visitors, who braved the cold to pack into the church hall.
A tombola, bottle stall and craft stands were also on offer, with many stallholders donning festive hats and enjoying the friendly atmosphere.
Canon Bob Baker said raising £1,200 was a 'very good outcome, considering the weather wasn't very good'.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We didn't have as many people as usual, but those who came had a great time and contributed to church funds. This annual fayre was running before I came, and that was 21 years ago. Although the weather did put some people off, we are really grateful for the support of the people that did come.'
Are you hosting a community event in Lowestoft? Email email@example.com
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
UPCOMING EVENTS AT PAKEFIELD CHURCH
? Tonight at 7.30pm, the Wrentham Band will perform a concert at the church in aid of the Lowestoft Lifeboat at 7.30pm.
Tickets for the evening, which will include a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie, can be obtained by calling 01502 475141.
? The church will host its popular Christingle service on Sunday, December 6 at both 4pm and 6pm.
? A carol service, with songs performed by the Pakefield singers, will be held on Sunday, December 13 at 6.30pm.