Cash boost for Hopton village hall plans
Anthony CarrollA project to build a village hall in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, received a �50,000 funding boost yesterday.Anthony Carroll
A project to build a village hall in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, received a �50,000 funding boost yesterday.
The grant from the Landfill Communities Fund of Waste Recycling Group, which was distributed by WREN, will be used to buy new flooring, furniture, CCTV and sound system for the hall.
Work stared in January on building the new community facility after other grants worth more than �539,000 were secured from the Big Lottery, Yarmouth Borough Council and the Norfolk Association of Local Councils.
A further �69,000 has been raised by the village hall management trust through fundraising activities and in donations from villagers.
You may also want to watch:
Julie McNair, from the hall trust, said: 'The team are delighted that this community project has been awarded such a substantial grant that will help make the new village hall complex a fabulous modern facility for all to enjoy.'
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 7 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street