Cash boost for Hopton village hall plans
Anthony CarrollA project to build a village hall in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, received a �50,000 funding boost yesterday.Anthony Carroll
A project to build a village hall in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, received a �50,000 funding boost yesterday.
The grant from the Landfill Communities Fund of Waste Recycling Group, which was distributed by WREN, will be used to buy new flooring, furniture, CCTV and sound system for the hall.
Work stared in January on building the new community facility after other grants worth more than �539,000 were secured from the Big Lottery, Yarmouth Borough Council and the Norfolk Association of Local Councils.
A further �69,000 has been raised by the village hall management trust through fundraising activities and in donations from villagers.
You may also want to watch:
Julie McNair, from the hall trust, said: 'The team are delighted that this community project has been awarded such a substantial grant that will help make the new village hall complex a fabulous modern facility for all to enjoy.'
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 7 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 8 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade