Cash boost for Hopton village hall plans
Anthony CarrollA project to build a village hall in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, received a �50,000 funding boost yesterday.Anthony Carroll
A project to build a village hall in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, received a �50,000 funding boost yesterday.
The grant from the Landfill Communities Fund of Waste Recycling Group, which was distributed by WREN, will be used to buy new flooring, furniture, CCTV and sound system for the hall.
Work stared in January on building the new community facility after other grants worth more than �539,000 were secured from the Big Lottery, Yarmouth Borough Council and the Norfolk Association of Local Councils.
A further �69,000 has been raised by the village hall management trust through fundraising activities and in donations from villagers.
You may also want to watch:
Julie McNair, from the hall trust, said: 'The team are delighted that this community project has been awarded such a substantial grant that will help make the new village hall complex a fabulous modern facility for all to enjoy.'
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown