Cash boost for Hopton village hall plans
Anthony CarrollA project to build a village hall in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, received a �50,000 funding boost yesterday.Anthony Carroll
A project to build a village hall in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, received a �50,000 funding boost yesterday.
The grant from the Landfill Communities Fund of Waste Recycling Group, which was distributed by WREN, will be used to buy new flooring, furniture, CCTV and sound system for the hall.
Work stared in January on building the new community facility after other grants worth more than �539,000 were secured from the Big Lottery, Yarmouth Borough Council and the Norfolk Association of Local Councils.
A further �69,000 has been raised by the village hall management trust through fundraising activities and in donations from villagers.
You may also want to watch:
Julie McNair, from the hall trust, said: 'The team are delighted that this community project has been awarded such a substantial grant that will help make the new village hall complex a fabulous modern facility for all to enjoy.'
- 1 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 Delays expected for bridge works
- 4 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 5 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 8 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar
- 9 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 10 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles