Cash, jewellery and laptop computers stolen in spate of break-ins in Lowestoft
DETECTIVES are urging householders in Lowestoft to remain vigilant and to take crime reduction measures to secure your home after four burglaries in Carlton Colville since last Friday (December 28).
Police are seeking witnesses after jewellery and cash were stolen after a break-in at a home at Dale Haven between 3.30pm on Saturday and 7.30pm yesterday (Sunday, December 30). Information to Det Con 1451 Drake at Lowestoft CID on 101.
A home at Nidderdale was broken into between 1.15pm last Friday and 6.30am this morning (Monday, December 31). At this stage it's unclear what has been stolen but police are asking anyone with information to call Det Con 914 Brotherston at Lowestoft CID.
Detectives are also investigating after a quantity of cash and costume jewellery were stolen in a break-in at a home in Rounces Lane in Carlton Colville between 10am and 7.45pm yesterday (Sunday). Information to Det Con 1285 Cotton at Lowestoft on 101.
And cash, jewellery and electrical items were stolen in a break-in at a home in Rushmere Road between 11am and 6.45pm on Friday December. Among the things taken were five pairs of ladies gold stud and hoop earrings, a mans thick gold chain with gold cross pendant, two gold sovereign rings, wristwatches, a blue laptop computer, a purple laptop computer and bank cards.
You may also want to watch:
Information about this incident to Det Con 144 Chan at Lowestoft CID on 101.
A police spokesman said: 'Police are again urging residents to be vigilant and to take crime reduction measures to protect their home. If you are going to be out during the hours of darkness please remember to leave a light or two on – a home in pitch blackness looks unoccupied and can make an easy target for a burglar. If you notice any suspicious activity please alert officers immediately using 999.'
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 3 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 School hails success of open evening as families return to the classroom
- 9 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 10 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles