Cash stolen during Lowestoft burglary
Hayley MaceCash was stolen from an elderly man during a distraction burglary in Lowestoft on Monday.A man called at a home in Stradbroke Road at about 3pm and told the 87-year-old homeowner that he was in the area testing the electrics after someone was electrocuted.Hayley Mace
Cash was stolen from an elderly man during a distraction burglary in Lowestoft on Monday.
A man called at a home in Stradbroke Road at about 3pm and told the 87-year-old homeowner that he was in the area testing the electrics after someone was electrocuted.
The gained entry to the property and asked the resident to remain in the kitchen while he conducted some tests. When he finished he left the property, walking away towards Lansdowne Road.
As soon as he left, the 87-year-old man became concerned and discovered that a quantity of cash had been stolen.
The man is described as white, in his late 40s to early 60s, with a shaven or balding head, of large, fat build, around 5ft 8in - 5ft 9ins tall and he was wearing a light blue shirt and dark trousers.
Anyone with information should contact Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 2 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery
- 3 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 4 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved
- 5 Former independent B&B transformed into five-bedroom home
- 6 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 7 'Helpful and happy' person died after inhaling gas
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Group celebrates 60th anniversary ahead of 'exciting relocation'
- 10 'Extremely dangerous' - Warning issued after cliff fall