Cash stolen during Lowestoft burglary
Hayley MaceCash was stolen from an elderly man during a distraction burglary in Lowestoft on Monday.A man called at a home in Stradbroke Road at about 3pm and told the 87-year-old homeowner that he was in the area testing the electrics after someone was electrocuted.Hayley Mace
Cash was stolen from an elderly man during a distraction burglary in Lowestoft on Monday.
A man called at a home in Stradbroke Road at about 3pm and told the 87-year-old homeowner that he was in the area testing the electrics after someone was electrocuted.
The gained entry to the property and asked the resident to remain in the kitchen while he conducted some tests. When he finished he left the property, walking away towards Lansdowne Road.
As soon as he left, the 87-year-old man became concerned and discovered that a quantity of cash had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, in his late 40s to early 60s, with a shaven or balding head, of large, fat build, around 5ft 8in - 5ft 9ins tall and he was wearing a light blue shirt and dark trousers.
Anyone with information should contact Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 4 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 7 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 8 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 9 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 10 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight