Cash stolen during Lowestoft burglary
Hayley MaceCash was stolen from an elderly man during a distraction burglary in Lowestoft on Monday.A man called at a home in Stradbroke Road at about 3pm and told the 87-year-old homeowner that he was in the area testing the electrics after someone was electrocuted.Hayley Mace
Cash was stolen from an elderly man during a distraction burglary in Lowestoft on Monday.
A man called at a home in Stradbroke Road at about 3pm and told the 87-year-old homeowner that he was in the area testing the electrics after someone was electrocuted.
The gained entry to the property and asked the resident to remain in the kitchen while he conducted some tests. When he finished he left the property, walking away towards Lansdowne Road.
As soon as he left, the 87-year-old man became concerned and discovered that a quantity of cash had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, in his late 40s to early 60s, with a shaven or balding head, of large, fat build, around 5ft 8in - 5ft 9ins tall and he was wearing a light blue shirt and dark trousers.
Anyone with information should contact Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls