Cash stolen during Lowestoft burglary
Hayley MaceCash was stolen from an elderly man during a distraction burglary in Lowestoft on Monday.A man called at a home in Stradbroke Road at about 3pm and told the 87-year-old homeowner that he was in the area testing the electrics after someone was electrocuted.Hayley Mace
Cash was stolen from an elderly man during a distraction burglary in Lowestoft on Monday.
A man called at a home in Stradbroke Road at about 3pm and told the 87-year-old homeowner that he was in the area testing the electrics after someone was electrocuted.
The gained entry to the property and asked the resident to remain in the kitchen while he conducted some tests. When he finished he left the property, walking away towards Lansdowne Road.
As soon as he left, the 87-year-old man became concerned and discovered that a quantity of cash had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, in his late 40s to early 60s, with a shaven or balding head, of large, fat build, around 5ft 8in - 5ft 9ins tall and he was wearing a light blue shirt and dark trousers.
Anyone with information should contact Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 8 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm