Catamaran rescued from Suffolk coast
THE Lowestoft lifeboat has helped to rescue a small catamaran off the coast.It was was dispatched to help the vessel after it lost steerage and electrical power at about 1.
COASTGUARDS in Suffolk have rescued a small catamaran off the coast of Lowestoft.
The Lowestoft lifeboat was dispatched to help the vessel after it lost steerage and electrical power at about 1.20am today while it was 21.8 miles due east of Lowestoft harbour.
One person was aboard but was not hurt and once rescue services reached the scene the boat was towed back to Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 8 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Robbers attempt to steal dog in Lowestoft churchyard