Catamaran rescued from Suffolk coast
THE Lowestoft lifeboat has helped to rescue a small catamaran off the coast.It was was dispatched to help the vessel after it lost steerage and electrical power at about 1.
COASTGUARDS in Suffolk have rescued a small catamaran off the coast of Lowestoft.
The Lowestoft lifeboat was dispatched to help the vessel after it lost steerage and electrical power at about 1.20am today while it was 21.8 miles due east of Lowestoft harbour.
One person was aboard but was not hurt and once rescue services reached the scene the boat was towed back to Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 6 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 7 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences