Celebrating all things British at Marina Theatre in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The Union Jack will be proudly displayed at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre tomorrow – regardless of the result of the Scottish referendum.
The Marina is hosting a sell-out Last Night Of The Proms concert on Friday with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra celebrating all things British.
A spokesman for the venue said: 'We are proud to be British and our Proms Concert features all the flag waving anthems, pomp and circumstance you would expect. Whatever the result North of the border our Union Flag will be proudly displayed.'
During tomorrow afternoon's rehearsal about 150 local schoolchildren will be joining in the fun singing Land Of Hope And Glory and Rule, Britannia! with the Friends Of The Theatre providing every child with their own Union Flag to wave.
The evening concert also features the Fantasia On British Sea Songs, Jerusalem and I Vow To Thee My Country.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured, in preparation for the event, Marina Theatre catering manager, Paul Field (left) and technical and operations manager, Karl Dunnett (right) prepare to fly the flag.
- 1 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 4 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 5 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 9 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
- 10 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case