Celebrating all things British at Marina Theatre in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The Union Jack will be proudly displayed at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre tomorrow – regardless of the result of the Scottish referendum.
The Marina is hosting a sell-out Last Night Of The Proms concert on Friday with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra celebrating all things British.
A spokesman for the venue said: 'We are proud to be British and our Proms Concert features all the flag waving anthems, pomp and circumstance you would expect. Whatever the result North of the border our Union Flag will be proudly displayed.'
During tomorrow afternoon's rehearsal about 150 local schoolchildren will be joining in the fun singing Land Of Hope And Glory and Rule, Britannia! with the Friends Of The Theatre providing every child with their own Union Flag to wave.
The evening concert also features the Fantasia On British Sea Songs, Jerusalem and I Vow To Thee My Country.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured, in preparation for the event, Marina Theatre catering manager, Paul Field (left) and technical and operations manager, Karl Dunnett (right) prepare to fly the flag.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'