Celebrating all things British at Marina Theatre in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
The Union Jack will be proudly displayed at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre tomorrow – regardless of the result of the Scottish referendum.
The Marina is hosting a sell-out Last Night Of The Proms concert on Friday with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra celebrating all things British.
A spokesman for the venue said: 'We are proud to be British and our Proms Concert features all the flag waving anthems, pomp and circumstance you would expect. Whatever the result North of the border our Union Flag will be proudly displayed.'
During tomorrow afternoon's rehearsal about 150 local schoolchildren will be joining in the fun singing Land Of Hope And Glory and Rule, Britannia! with the Friends Of The Theatre providing every child with their own Union Flag to wave.
The evening concert also features the Fantasia On British Sea Songs, Jerusalem and I Vow To Thee My Country.
Pictured, in preparation for the event, Marina Theatre catering manager, Paul Field (left) and technical and operations manager, Karl Dunnett (right) prepare to fly the flag.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 7 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash