Celebrity pictures for sale in Waveney
FROM late king of pop Michael Jackson to pint sized songstress Kylie Minogue - Suffolk celebrity snapper Dave Hogan has photographed them all.And now members of the public will be able to get their hands on some of his greatest work when it goes under the hammer later this month.
FROM late king of pop Michael Jackson to pint sized songstress Kylie Minogue - Suffolk celebrity snapper Dave Hogan has photographed them all.
And now members of the public will be able to get their hands on some of his greatest work when it goes under the hammer later this month.
The signed images once hung in the rooms of Shadingfied Hall, near Southwold, which Mr Hogan bought for �1.2million in 2007.
But the former Sun snapper is now moving out of the Grade II listed building, where Prime Minister Gordon Brown spent his summer holidays last year.
You may also want to watch:
As a result he is also selling some of its furniture, including the PM's bedside table and a four poster bed in which he would have slept.
Mr Hogan, who rented out the Georgian hall for �4,500 a week, said: 'I don't want to get rid of the prints, or the furniture, but the truth is we're moving to a smaller place nearby and I just don't have the room.'
- 1 'Can’t burst our bubble' - Primary school marks 'incredible' success
- 2 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 7 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival
- 8 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
Other photos going under the hammer include the iconic shot of Madonna kissing Britney Spears and snaps of footballer David Beckham, pop star David Bowie and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.
The sale is happening at Durrants auction rooms in The Old School House, Peddars Lane, Beccles, next Friday.
General manager Miles Lamdin said: 'It is a very interesting collection and to be honest has come a bit out of the blue because it's not the normal run of the mill stuff we usually sell. They are all very desirable.
'The photographs have been on display for a couple of weeks and we have had a very encouraging response - people find them very interesting.
'I have no idea how much they will go for - they are absolutely stunning and beautifully presented in lovely frames. With a reserve price between �30 and �60, there will be some bargains to be had.
'It might be pop memorabilia specialists, fans or people buying them as presents for someone else. I don't know. The pictures of Michael Jackson, including one of Jacko at Wimbledon with Elizabeth Taylor, are amazing.'
The photos are on display all week at Durrants in Beccles for anyone who is interested and would like to go along and have a look.