Chamber choir, Auriga Capella, to hold hometown performance in Beccles
- Credit: Archant
A local chamber choir are set to hold a special performance this weekend.
Auriga Capella will be appearing in a concert at St Michael's Church, in new market, Beccles, on Sunday, October 22.
The choir formed in Beccles a decade ago as a girls youth choir when most members where still in their teens.
They will be performing a variety of numbers including three extracts from Monteverdi's Scherzi Musicali, some Neapolitan songs from a medley of Gershwin favourites.
There will be solos, duets and a trio from Mozart's 'Cosi fan Tutte' and 'Le Nozze di Figaro' and Puccini's La Boheme'.
You may also want to watch:
Baritone Alan Weyman will join the group during performances of songs by English composers.
Admission for the event which begins at 4pm is free, with a retiring collection for The Friends of St Michael's Church in aid of the South Porch Appeal.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash
Refreshments of tea, coffee and homemade cakes will be available from 3.30pm.