Chance for the young to reach for stars
A SUMMER talent contest is aiming to find potential stars of the future.Auditions for a Pop Idol/X Factor-style talent com-petition are to be held across north Suffolk before a glittering main event at Lowestoft in September.
A SUMMER talent contest is aiming to find potential stars of the future.
Auditions for a Pop Idol/X Factor-style talent com-petition are to be held across north Suffolk before a glittering main event at Lowestoft in September.
Following the success of a film-making project last year, young people with a talent for singing and music-making are being given an opportunity to shine this time round.
Open to youngsters aged between 13 and 25 years, the project is being organised by Vinvolved (formerly the Millennium Volunteers) in partnership with Suffolk Police and Waveney District Council. It has been organised as part of a programme of summer activities for young people and anyone can take part.
You may also want to watch:
Auditions will be held in Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth and Lowestoft this month and solo singers, duos, bands and musicians are all welcome to enter.
There will be five heats with the top acts from each audition going through to a final main event to be held on the open-air stage at Sparrow's Nest, in Lowestoft, on Saturday, September 6.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
Entry is free and prizes are being lined up for the eventual winner.
The five auditions are being held on Monday, August 11, at Beccles Community Edu-cation Centre; Tuesday, August 12, Bungay Community Education Centre; Wednesday, August 13, Halesworth Community Education Centre; Thursday, August 14, Boston Lodge, Lowestoft, and Monday, August 18, Colville House in Lowestoft.
Each audition will be held from noon and anyone interested can just show up on the day.
However, as this may involve a long wait, organisers are urging anyone interested to make an appointment beforehand by contacting Louise Crisp, at Vinvolved, on 01502 530632 or 07919 046 373.
Anyone who doesn't want to sing but is aged 13-25 and would would like to get involved in helping with the events can also call these numbers.
Organisers are still working to secure additional funding for the main final event and would also be interested in hearing from any business that might wish to support the project.