Chance to drum up trade in Suffolk
BUSINESSES in Suffolk are being given a boost after the recent spate of bad weather. Suffolk County Council is inviting small and medium size businesses to a free 'meet the buyer' event which will give them a chance to pitch for new contracts.
BUSINESSES in Suffolk are being given a boost after the recent spate of bad weather.
Suffolk County Council is inviting small and medium size businesses to a free 'meet the buyer' event which will give them a chance to pitch for new contracts.
Organised by the county council, Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and Ipswich & Suffolk Small Business Association (ISSBA), the event is an opportunity for Suffolk businesses to meet the people responsible for purchasing a range of goods and services in both the public and private sectors.
Buyers from the county council, borough and district councils will be there, together with buyers from some of their major suppliers and other large organisations in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Buyers attending the event are interested in potential new suppliers for a range of goods and services including food, property, construction, print, recruitment, IT, highways and training. Suppliers can book a 10 minute appointment with individual buyers to promote their product or service, and discuss opportunities.
Suffolk county councillor Bruce Provan, portfolio holder for economic development and skills, said: 'This is an important event for the local economy, service providers and the county's small businesses to help keep the pound local and supply local services and products. By introducing businesses to buyers we hope that this event will be another step on the road to economic recovery'
- 1 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 2 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: Arsonist, burglar and drug dealer all behind bars
- 4 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 5 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 6 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Trio bailed following arrests outside petrol station
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Coronavirus jabs rolled out to people aged 56 to 59
The event will take place at Endeavour House, Russell Road, Ipswich, on Tuesday February 16 from 5.30pm until 9.00pm.
Visit http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/BusinessAndConsumer/ProcurementAndTendering/MeetTheBuyer.htm to view more information and to download a booking form.