Chance to drum up trade in Suffolk
BUSINESSES in Suffolk are being given a boost after the recent spate of bad weather. Suffolk County Council is inviting small and medium size businesses to a free 'meet the buyer' event which will give them a chance to pitch for new contracts.
BUSINESSES in Suffolk are being given a boost after the recent spate of bad weather.
Suffolk County Council is inviting small and medium size businesses to a free 'meet the buyer' event which will give them a chance to pitch for new contracts.
Organised by the county council, Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and Ipswich & Suffolk Small Business Association (ISSBA), the event is an opportunity for Suffolk businesses to meet the people responsible for purchasing a range of goods and services in both the public and private sectors.
Buyers from the county council, borough and district councils will be there, together with buyers from some of their major suppliers and other large organisations in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Buyers attending the event are interested in potential new suppliers for a range of goods and services including food, property, construction, print, recruitment, IT, highways and training. Suppliers can book a 10 minute appointment with individual buyers to promote their product or service, and discuss opportunities.
Suffolk county councillor Bruce Provan, portfolio holder for economic development and skills, said: 'This is an important event for the local economy, service providers and the county's small businesses to help keep the pound local and supply local services and products. By introducing businesses to buyers we hope that this event will be another step on the road to economic recovery'
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 7 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 9 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences
- 10 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
The event will take place at Endeavour House, Russell Road, Ipswich, on Tuesday February 16 from 5.30pm until 9.00pm.
Visit http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/BusinessAndConsumer/ProcurementAndTendering/MeetTheBuyer.htm to view more information and to download a booking form.