Changes in the gas network: Goodbye National Grid Gas Distribution hello Cadent
- Credit: Chris Rison
A new company will continue a 200-year legacy of safety, reliability and innovation for Britain's biggest gas distribution network.
Cadent is the new name for National Grid Gas Distribution and it is now an independent company in its own right.
Britain's largest gas distribution network employs more than 500 people in East Anglia. It delivers gas to four million homes and businesses across East Anglia and the East Midlands.
The change of name and brand comes after National Grid Plc sold off its majority stake in the company in a £13 billion deal. Chris Rison, head of operations for Cadent's network in the East of England, said: 'Our day to day role remains the same, along with the National Gas Emergency Service and our helpline numbers. We'll keep on innovatively operating and maintaining our network, transporting gas safely and protecting people in an emergency.'
For more information and to verify the identity of an engineer call the Cadent enquiry line number 0845 835 1111. The National Gas Emergency Service number 0800 111 999 for people to report a gas escape or suspected carbon monoxide, also remains the same.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Cadent visit www.cadentgas.com
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft