Pakefield art exhibition’s nautical theme to help singing group’s appeal
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising art exhibition to help get a choir new staging equipment is up and running at a coastal gallery near Lowestoft.
The Ferini Art Gallery is hosting an exhibition of work by the late John Nice, who was member of the Royal Society of Marine Artists, to raise funds for a £9,000 drive by the Pakefield Singers to get a set of specially constructed, tiered performance risers
His wife June Nice, 87, is a founder member of the Pakefield Singers and she has donated dozens of paintings and postcards her husband had made on all manner of vessels.
The exhibition opened on Friday and by Saturday afternoon eight paintings had been purchased.
Mrs Nice said: 'I am proud of all his work.'
You may also want to watch:
Christine Mason, chairman of the singers, said: 'It is just a brilliant gesture and we are all so grateful to her.'
The exhibit is open Friday, Saturday and Sundays, 11am to 4pm, until March 25.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree