Charity concert to boost hospital
- Credit: Archant © 2010
A charity concert will be performed by a recently-formed orchestra.
East Coast Sinfonietta (ECS) was founded by musician and music teacher Frankie Ayers last November.
With the orchestra made up of talented musicians from across Waveney, they rehearse monthly – and are preparing for the charity concert in September.
The concert – which takes place at St Andrews Church in Lowestoft – is being held in aid of the Intensive Care Unit at James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston.
The charity concert will be conducted by Frankie Ayers, with leader Beverley McInnes, as it features a programme including Mozart Overture Don Giovanni, Handel Royal Fire Work Suite, Mozart Laudate Dominum, Mozart Alleluja from Exsultate Jubilate, Soprano: Abbie Jackson and Beethoven Symphony No. 5 in C Minor.
You may also want to watch:
With free entry to the concert, which starts at 7.30pm, there will be refreshments and donations accepted for the cause.
For more details visit www.eastcoastsinfonietta.simpl.com or the orchestra's Facebook page.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree