Bad weather forces football matches to be postponed
- Credit: Archant
A charity football match, which was scheduled to take place in Lowestoft on Sunday, has been postponed until next month.
Legends of yester-year – including some former Norwich City players – will now grace the pitch once more on Sunday, April 8 as funds are raised for Prostate Cancer UK with the MGLegends III match.
A MG Legends team, managed by ex-Lowestoft Town player and manager Micky Chapman, will take on The Managers at the home of Lowestoft Town FC.
The match at the Amber Dew Events Stadium, Crown Meadow in Lowestoft will now kick off at 2pm on April 8. It is sponsored by Paul Hubbard Estate Agents and it is set to be streamed live on Facebook.
Former Lowestoft favourites – including Jamie Godbold, Russell Stock, Gary McGee and more – will line up for this eagerly-awaited clash against select footballers from across the region.
You may also want to watch:
Organised once more by Mike Guymer, if you would like to donate, but cannot attend the game, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mglegends18
? Lowestoft Town FC's scheduled home match tomorrow (Saturday) against Wingate & Finchley FC, which was due to be played at the Amber Dew Events Stadium, has been postponed 'due to the bad weather' this week.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
The match will be rearranged and a new date will be announced in due course.