Charity for county's people helps out
A CHARITY dedicated to improving the quality of life for the people of Suffolk supported more than 100 projects within the county last year.New figures released this week from The Suffolk Foundation show that, in 2008, a total of �780,000 was given by local people to projects it supports.
A CHARITY dedicated to improving the quality of life for the people of Suffolk supported more than 100 projects within the county last year.
New figures released this week from The Suffolk Foundation show that, in 2008, a total of �780,000 was given by local people to projects it supports.
Some of the many local projects funded through donations to The Suffolk Foundation year included �1,500, which went to the Teddy Edward Club, run by the Mother's Union at Pakefield, so the toddlers can have new equipment and toys and replace some of the worn out secondhand ones they have used for the past three years.
Chief Executive Stephen Singleton said: 'The donations we've received and channelled into more than 100 projects in the county during the past year total is an impressive �780,000 - this is a fantastic Christmas present for the people of Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
'The donations managed by our Foundation are making a huge difference in the area. The projects we fund are all about local people helping each other - not just at Christmas but all year round. It's heartening to see the level of donations hasn't dwindled despite the current economic crisis. Now, more than ever, local initiatives need support.'
If you or your business wants to know more about contributing to causes that help Suffolk people across the county contact Judi Newman on 01473 734126.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 7 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 10 Everyone at group's 32 care homes to get vaccine within 10 days