Charity for hospice aims to raise �5m
THE charity campaigning to build a hospice for residents of Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.Formerly known as 'Yare Hospice Care' the charity says the name change better reflects the breadth of the area it will hopefully serve.
THE charity campaigning to build a hospice for residents of Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.
Formerly known as 'Yare Hospice Care' the charity says the name change better reflects the breadth of the area it will hopefully serve.
The newly named group is now embarking on a �5m fund-raising drive to make sure the 10-bed inpatient and day-care centre planned between Yarmouth and Lowestoft becomes a reality.
East Coast Hospice secretary David Nettleship said: 'We want the hospice to be part of the local community and we want everyone in the area to have a real feeling of ownership.
You may also want to watch:
'That was why we felt it was important that the name should not disenfranchise any of the people we may be called upon to serve.
'The East Coast Hospice will provide vital support for the most vulnerable people in our community.'
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 10 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
The facilities will include treatment rooms for inpatients and day inpatients to include physiotherapy and complementary therapies as well as personal care such as hairdressing and chiropody.
It will also have facilities for family and friends so they can also benefit from the supportive and caring environment.
Anyone interested in joining Friends of East Coast Hospice or wants to make a donation should contact Mr Nettleship on 01493 655122 or the East Coast Hospice Office at 38 Cliff Hill, Gorleston, NR31 6DQ.