Charity for hospice aims to raise �5m
THE charity campaigning to build a hospice for residents of Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.Formerly known as 'Yare Hospice Care' the charity says the name change better reflects the breadth of the area it will hopefully serve.
THE charity campaigning to build a hospice for residents of Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.
Formerly known as 'Yare Hospice Care' the charity says the name change better reflects the breadth of the area it will hopefully serve.
The newly named group is now embarking on a �5m fund-raising drive to make sure the 10-bed inpatient and day-care centre planned between Yarmouth and Lowestoft becomes a reality.
East Coast Hospice secretary David Nettleship said: 'We want the hospice to be part of the local community and we want everyone in the area to have a real feeling of ownership.
'That was why we felt it was important that the name should not disenfranchise any of the people we may be called upon to serve.
'The East Coast Hospice will provide vital support for the most vulnerable people in our community.'
- 1 Deal struck to acquire major Lowestoft shopping centre
- 2 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 3 New car rental development unveiled to 'rejuvenate vacant site'
- 4 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 5 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 6 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
- 7 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 8 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 9 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 10 Next stage of ultrafast broadband construction work to begin
The facilities will include treatment rooms for inpatients and day inpatients to include physiotherapy and complementary therapies as well as personal care such as hairdressing and chiropody.
It will also have facilities for family and friends so they can also benefit from the supportive and caring environment.
Anyone interested in joining Friends of East Coast Hospice or wants to make a donation should contact Mr Nettleship on 01493 655122 or the East Coast Hospice Office at 38 Cliff Hill, Gorleston, NR31 6DQ.