Charity for hospice aims to raise �5m
THE charity campaigning to build a hospice for residents of Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.Formerly known as 'Yare Hospice Care' the charity says the name change better reflects the breadth of the area it will hopefully serve.
THE charity campaigning to build a hospice for residents of Yarmouth and Waveney has changed its name to East Coast Hospice.
Formerly known as 'Yare Hospice Care' the charity says the name change better reflects the breadth of the area it will hopefully serve.
The newly named group is now embarking on a �5m fund-raising drive to make sure the 10-bed inpatient and day-care centre planned between Yarmouth and Lowestoft becomes a reality.
East Coast Hospice secretary David Nettleship said: 'We want the hospice to be part of the local community and we want everyone in the area to have a real feeling of ownership.
You may also want to watch:
'That was why we felt it was important that the name should not disenfranchise any of the people we may be called upon to serve.
'The East Coast Hospice will provide vital support for the most vulnerable people in our community.'
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 7 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
The facilities will include treatment rooms for inpatients and day inpatients to include physiotherapy and complementary therapies as well as personal care such as hairdressing and chiropody.
It will also have facilities for family and friends so they can also benefit from the supportive and caring environment.
Anyone interested in joining Friends of East Coast Hospice or wants to make a donation should contact Mr Nettleship on 01493 655122 or the East Coast Hospice Office at 38 Cliff Hill, Gorleston, NR31 6DQ.