Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- Credit: Mick Howes
A popular bank holiday gala day has been cancelled for only the second time in its history.
The Lowestoft Lions’ main charity event of the year - the Oulton Broad Gala Day - was set to take place on August 30.
A scaled-down Mini Gala Day was due to be held at Nicholas Everitt Park on Oulton Broad in just over two months time.
But the Lowestoft Lions club announced this week that, "with regret," the replacement event will not now take place as originally hoped.
Team Gala spokesman Mark Lanham said: “It was a difficult but necessary decision for the organising committee to take.
You may also want to watch:
"The need for enhanced Covid compliant public safety measures and the logistics in implementing these procedures forced the decision.
“While recognising this news is hugely disappointing for many, we hope that a similar event could return in 2022.”
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 3 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 4 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival
- 7 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 8 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft