Charity seeks volunteers to help Waveney families in their time of need
- Credit: Archant
A charity that helps families through difficult times is appealing for more volunteers to develop its work in Waveney.
Home-Start in Suffolk, newly-based in Exchange Square, Beccles, sends volunteers to homes providing practical and emotional support to help families build their confidence and ability to cope.
The charity supports families facing difficulties such as an illness or disability, bereavement or debt or those feeling isolated if they are new to an area and unable to connect with their community.
Tara Somers, of Home-Start, said: 'Volunteers are absolutely essential to our service, for families in need of support having someone that is giving their own time to support them, shows care and consideration from people in the local community.'
She added: 'Often our volunteers get just as much out of the visits as families. There is a real feel-good factor with knowing you are making a difference and are appreciated.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information on volunteering with Home-Start call 01473 621104 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 6 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 7 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls