Charity to host pop-up sessions to encourage volunteering
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft charity is to host a series of pop-up events to promote volunteering opportunities for the community.
The events, organised by Access Community Trust, are in partnership with Sentinel Leisure who will host the events at Waterlane Leisure Centre every fortnight from Monday, April 16 between 10am to 2pm.
The charity aims to encourage individuals to undertake volunteering opportunities which are available to them in the local community.
Supported volunteer coordinator for Access Community Trust, Joel Connor-Saunders, said: 'Promoting positivity through volunteering opportunities, gives individuals a chance to meet new people, whilst making a difference to those that live in the local area.
'Working together with a number of businesses, groups and organisations we are able to offer a variety of placements to those that wish to get involved.'
You may also want to watch:
To register your interest or for further information, contact Joel Connor-Saunders on 07715 065846 or email Joel.Connor-Saunders@accessct.org.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft