Charity to host pop-up sessions to encourage volunteering
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft charity is to host a series of pop-up events to promote volunteering opportunities for the community.
The events, organised by Access Community Trust, are in partnership with Sentinel Leisure who will host the events at Waterlane Leisure Centre every fortnight from Monday, April 16 between 10am to 2pm.
The charity aims to encourage individuals to undertake volunteering opportunities which are available to them in the local community.
Supported volunteer coordinator for Access Community Trust, Joel Connor-Saunders, said: 'Promoting positivity through volunteering opportunities, gives individuals a chance to meet new people, whilst making a difference to those that live in the local area.
'Working together with a number of businesses, groups and organisations we are able to offer a variety of placements to those that wish to get involved.'
You may also want to watch:
To register your interest or for further information, contact Joel Connor-Saunders on 07715 065846 or email Joel.Connor-Saunders@accessct.org.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 8 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm