Check out where Santa’s sleigh will be stopping in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Santa's sleigh has become a familiar annual sight in the weeks before Christmas, parked at supermarkets and shopping centres around town – and this year will be no different.
Lowestoft Lions will again be bringing Santa on his traditional transport, complete with reindeer figures, to meet shoppers and to listen to children's Christmas gift wishes.
Lowestoft Lions club members are all volunteers who fundraise for the local community and over the years they have been at local supermarkets in all weathers.
The sleigh can be visited on Saturday and Sunday, December 9/10 at the B & M Store in Tower Road; on Tuesday and Wednesday, December 12/13 at ASDA in Horn Hill; on December 14 at Morrisons on the North Quay Retail Park; on December 16/17 at the Cooperative (Rainbow) Foodstore in Ashburnham Way; at Tesco in Leisure Way on December 19/20/21 and Morrisons in Tower Road on December 22/23/24.
Lions' president Derek Ward said: 'The sleigh attracts a lot of attention from shoppers and the reaction on their children's faces is a delight to see. 'We will use monies raised from the sleigh collections to help less fortunate people as well as deserving causes.'
You may also want to watch:
Last weekend Lions members were in Morrison's Superstore in Tower Road, Pakefield offering shoppers a chance to win one of three large hampers as prizes in a raffle. The proceeds will fund 60 Christmas grocery hampers for needy families and individuals.
For more information visit www.lowestoftlionsclub.org
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft