Cheeky duck snap wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This light-hearted shot capturing a pair of diving ducks from the most unflattering angle was taken by 26-year-old Liam James during a visit to Carlton Marshes.
Mr James, of London Road, Lowestoft, used his Nikon Coolpix L810 to shoot the fowl photo.
He said: 'Me and a friend decided to visit Carlton Marshes for a short walk as it is a lovely place to capture some great pictures.
'I'm shocked my picture has been chosen and appreciate being selected as there are some great photographers out there.
'What I like most about the image is its funny side, the ducks seemed to be flashing their behinds, but the image has come out great.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr James receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 6 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 7 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold