Chief executive to stand down
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney has announced that Michael Stonard is to leave his role as chief executive of the organisation.David Edwards, chair of NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'After much consideration, Mike has decided to step down from the position of chief executive at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney has announced that Michael Stonard is to leave his role as chief executive of the organisation.
David Edwards, chair of NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'After much consideration, Mike has decided to step down from the position of chief executive at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney. Someone of great integrity, I would like to thank Mike on behalf of both the organisation, and the wider NHS, for his achievements throughout his career and wish him well for the future.'
A chief executive of four PCTs over the last ten years, Mr Stonard, 50, said: 'I am proud of the team's many achievements throughout my time as chief executive of NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
'During my tenure, the PCT eliminated the inherited �12m deficit and delivered significant improvements in patient services.
You may also want to watch:
'Ten years is a very long time to fulfil the highly demanding role of a chief executive in the NHS and I am putting in place more flexible working arrangements for myself, which will provide a better work-life balance than has been possible and will enable me to concentrate on areas and activities that interest me most and which I find rewarding.'
Work will begin immediately to appoint a successor to Mr Stonard.
- 1 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 2 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 3 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 6 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
- 7 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency in Southwold
- 9 Teenager arrested following alleged assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims