Children at Woods Loke Primary School praised for their generosity
- Credit: Archant
Children and staff at a Lowestoft-area primary school have helped others in need and made a special presentation during an assembly.
Youngsters from Woods Loke Primary School in Oulton Broad have distributed a range of food donations to the Salvation Army.
A Harvest Festival assembly was held at the school in Butley Drive last Friday, September 22.
A school spokesman said: 'The children all brought in food donations to go to the Salvation Army.
'Ruth Waller and Margaret Hamilton, from the Salvation Army, attended the assembly and spoke to the children about how their donations would be used to help others.'
You may also want to watch:
With parents and children praised for their 'generous donations,' the school spokesman added: 'It was a very successful event and the donations have all been passed to the Salvation Army.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted