Children at Woods Loke Primary School praised for their generosity
- Credit: Archant
Children and staff at a Lowestoft-area primary school have helped others in need and made a special presentation during an assembly.
Youngsters from Woods Loke Primary School in Oulton Broad have distributed a range of food donations to the Salvation Army.
A Harvest Festival assembly was held at the school in Butley Drive last Friday, September 22.
A school spokesman said: 'The children all brought in food donations to go to the Salvation Army.
'Ruth Waller and Margaret Hamilton, from the Salvation Army, attended the assembly and spoke to the children about how their donations would be used to help others.'
You may also want to watch:
With parents and children praised for their 'generous donations,' the school spokesman added: 'It was a very successful event and the donations have all been passed to the Salvation Army.'
- 1 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 2 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft