Children hurt in north Suffolk crash
Mark BoggisNINE children and an adult have been injured after being involved in a collision in north SuffolkFive people were said to be seriously injured after the vehicle left Lowestoft Road in Worlingham near Beccles.Mark Boggis
NINE children and an adult have been injured after being involved in a collision in north Suffolk
Five people were said to be seriously injured after the vehicle left Lowestoft Road in Worlingham near Beccles.
An ambulance spokeswoman said three children among the group of pedestrians 'went under the wheels of the car.'
Police closed the road following the collision, which happened shortly before 1.45pm, near All Saints Church.
Six ambulances and the air ambulance are still on scene and diversions are in place.
A police spokesman said: 'We were called to reports of a single vehicle collision involving a number of pedestrians, some of whom are believed to be children.
- 1 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 2 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 6 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 7 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 8 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 9 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
'There are up to ten casualties although none are thought to be life threatening.'
One of the main roads into Lowestoft has been closed following the collision. Beccles Road, at the roundabout near the Carlton Crown public house, has been 'sealed off' while emergency services are at the scene.