Search

Chimney fire at popular pub in Southwold

PUBLISHED: 11:42 08 February 2012

The Harbour Inn

The Harbour Inn

Archant © 2011

FIREFIGHTERS spent nearly two hours tackling a chimney fire at a Suffolk pub last night

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to reports of a chimney fire at The Harbour Inn in Southwold just before 7.50pm [Tuesday February 7].

One appliance from Southwold and the turntable ladder from Ipswich East were sent to the scene in Ferry Road.

Firefighters used chimney gear and the turntable ladder to extinguish the flames by around 9.50pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal