Chimney fire at popular pub in Southwold

FIREFIGHTERS spent nearly two hours tackling a chimney fire at a Suffolk pub last night

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to reports of a chimney fire at The Harbour Inn in Southwold just before 7.50pm [Tuesday February 7].

One appliance from Southwold and the turntable ladder from Ipswich East were sent to the scene in Ferry Road.

Firefighters used chimney gear and the turntable ladder to extinguish the flames by around 9.50pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus