Chimney fire tackled in north Suffolk
PUBLISHED: 09:23 13 February 2012
FIREFIGHTERS from Southwold spent more than 45 minutes tackling a chimney fire in Blythburgh.
A crew from Southwold station were called out at 11.54am yesterday (Sunday) to Priory Road, Blythburgh following reports of the chimney blaze.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “On attendance the crew found a domestic chimney to be well alight and used small tools to extinguish, the loft area was also checked for and spread.”
The scene was cleared by 12.40pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the orange box below for details.