Lowestoft academy students prepare for all singing, all dancing Christmas Spectacular
- Credit: Archant
A few months ago, a Lowestoft academy invited audiences to follow the yellow brick road.
But next week more than 140 students will be returning to the stage at Benjamin Britten Music Academy once more to showcase a festive spectacular.
Another all singing, all dancing Christmas Spectacular is in store – following hot on the heels of the successful end-of-year show, The Wizard of Oz.
The festive spectacular is full to the brim of show stopping routines that will leave you feeling full of Christmas cheer.
With a cast of 140 students and an amazing live band, Christmas Spectacular will be held at the school on Blyford Road on the evenings of December 13, December 14 and December 18.
You may also want to watch:
The show features Christmas favourites such as Sleigh Ride, All I Want For Christmas and Run Rudolph Run. It also features wonderful choir numbers and some classic routines.
Rehearsals have been under way for the last seven weeks and the staff and students have worked tirelessly to bring this Christmas Spectacular to life.
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
Head of Performing Arts Corinne Breen said: 'I am so privileged to work alongside such talented students and staff and be able showcase their talents to the community.
'The range and talent of the students here is exceptional. This has been another wonderful year for Performing Arts and we have so much to look forward to in 2018.'
The production has involved many students across the school from the technical and backstage crew led by Mr Chapman and students involved in both costume and make up design.
Technical Director Mr Chapman said: 'The band have worked many hours to master some Christmas classics alongside technically challenging modern pop songs. We are very proud of them all'
Students also have the opportunity to gain their Bronze or Silver Arts Award.
With the stage set, glitter cannons at the ready and Rudolph on standby, this year's Christmas Spectacular will be held at the school on Blyford Road from 6.30pm next Wednesday, Thursday and on Monday, December 18.
With locals welcome to show their support for all of the hard work and energy shown by the students and staff, tickets are currently on sale from www.ticketsource.co.uk/benjamin-britten-school and are priced at £6.50.