Magical church scene with a festive feel wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This magical shot of St Margaret's Church in Lowestoft illuminated at night has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 46-year-old Wendy Beckham of Carlton Colville on her Canon D500 camera.
Ms Beckham said: 'My parents had said how lovely St Margaret's Church looked at night as they often take my 98-year-old grandad home as he lives nearby, and that I should go and take a look one evening.
'I am often on the look out for a nice picture as I am a member of Waveney Camera Club a new photography group in the area.'
As our winner, Ms Beckham receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted