Magical church scene with a festive feel wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This magical shot of St Margaret's Church in Lowestoft illuminated at night has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 46-year-old Wendy Beckham of Carlton Colville on her Canon D500 camera.
Ms Beckham said: 'My parents had said how lovely St Margaret's Church looked at night as they often take my 98-year-old grandad home as he lives nearby, and that I should go and take a look one evening.
'I am often on the look out for a nice picture as I am a member of Waveney Camera Club a new photography group in the area.'
As our winner, Ms Beckham receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 4 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 5 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 6 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 9 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out