Church to be ‘alive with twinkling splendour’ as Christmas Tree Festival returns
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A historic church will be decorated with a series of beautiful displays as a popular festival returns.
For the third time, Holy Trinity Church in Gisleham will be holding a Christmas tree festival.
A range of trees of all shapes and sizes, with various themes, will be showcased next weekend when it plays host to a three-day festival.
The round tower church, in Church Road, will host the Christmas Tree Festival from Friday, December 1 to Sunday, December 3, opening between 3.30pm and 6.30pm on the Friday, 10am to 9pm on Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday.
A church spokesman said: 'Join us for a three-day event where the trees will be alive with twinkling splendour.'
You may also want to watch:
There will also be refreshments, a concert featuring a festival of Christmas music at 7.30pm on December 2 and a Christingle service on December 3, which runs from 10am to 11am, and is followed by hot chocolate and festive treats.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home