Lowestoft-based charity to hold open day to attract new volunteers
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft branch of Citizens Advice is holding an open day next week to recruit new volunteers.
The charity is looking to recruit more volunteers in all areas of the organisation and is opening its doors at St Margaret's House in Gordon Road on Wednesday, January 10 between 10am and 1pm.
Everyone is invited along to find out more about the varied opportunities available, including reception duties, fundraising, campaigning and adviser roles.
All the opportunities are flexible to fit in with other work and family commitments and include thorough training and support from the friendly team of volunteers already in post – with more than 40 of them in this area alone.
Chief executive Janet John said: 'Our volunteers are at the very heart of this organisation and we greatly value the contribution they make. If you'd like to make a difference in our local community, please come along for a chat and find out about how you can join us.
You may also want to watch:
'You'll find volunteering with Citizens Advice is varied and rewarding and it's a great way of learning new skills that improve your own CV if you're looking to return to paid work or an excellent way to stay valued and involved as you approach retirement.'
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 5 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 6 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 7 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 8 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 9 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 10 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed