Lowestoft-based charity to hold open day to attract new volunteers
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft branch of Citizens Advice is holding an open day next week to recruit new volunteers.
The charity is looking to recruit more volunteers in all areas of the organisation and is opening its doors at St Margaret's House in Gordon Road on Wednesday, January 10 between 10am and 1pm.
Everyone is invited along to find out more about the varied opportunities available, including reception duties, fundraising, campaigning and adviser roles.
All the opportunities are flexible to fit in with other work and family commitments and include thorough training and support from the friendly team of volunteers already in post – with more than 40 of them in this area alone.
Chief executive Janet John said: 'Our volunteers are at the very heart of this organisation and we greatly value the contribution they make. If you'd like to make a difference in our local community, please come along for a chat and find out about how you can join us.
You may also want to watch:
'You'll find volunteering with Citizens Advice is varied and rewarding and it's a great way of learning new skills that improve your own CV if you're looking to return to paid work or an excellent way to stay valued and involved as you approach retirement.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'