Lowestoft-based charity to hold open day to attract new volunteers
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft branch of Citizens Advice is holding an open day next week to recruit new volunteers.
The charity is looking to recruit more volunteers in all areas of the organisation and is opening its doors at St Margaret's House in Gordon Road on Wednesday, January 10 between 10am and 1pm.
Everyone is invited along to find out more about the varied opportunities available, including reception duties, fundraising, campaigning and adviser roles.
All the opportunities are flexible to fit in with other work and family commitments and include thorough training and support from the friendly team of volunteers already in post – with more than 40 of them in this area alone.
Chief executive Janet John said: 'Our volunteers are at the very heart of this organisation and we greatly value the contribution they make. If you'd like to make a difference in our local community, please come along for a chat and find out about how you can join us.
You may also want to watch:
'You'll find volunteering with Citizens Advice is varied and rewarding and it's a great way of learning new skills that improve your own CV if you're looking to return to paid work or an excellent way to stay valued and involved as you approach retirement.'
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft