Pair arrested after £3,000 of class A drugs found
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested after police stopped a car with an estimated £3,000 of heroin inside.
Officers from Suffolk Police stopped the vehicle on Ferndale Avenue, in Lowestoft, at about 3pm on Monday, June 15.
While searching the vehicle, officers found over 30g of heroin, and a small amount of what is also believed to be crack cocaine, worth an estimated £3,000 in total.
A man, aged 42, and a 22-year-old woman were both arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs.
The man was also arrested on suspicion of driving offences.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, before being released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/32967/20.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 6 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 7 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Bulky waste collection service suspended
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.