Pair arrested after £3,000 of class A drugs found
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested after police stopped a car with an estimated £3,000 of heroin inside.
Officers from Suffolk Police stopped the vehicle on Ferndale Avenue, in Lowestoft, at about 3pm on Monday, June 15.
While searching the vehicle, officers found over 30g of heroin, and a small amount of what is also believed to be crack cocaine, worth an estimated £3,000 in total.
A man, aged 42, and a 22-year-old woman were both arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs.
The man was also arrested on suspicion of driving offences.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, before being released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/32967/20.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.