Classic vehicle club donates funds to health charity in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
CHEQUE THIS OUT: The Lowestoft Classic Vehicle Club (LCVC) have presented their chosen charity with a cheque for £2000.
This year, East Coast Hospice were the chosen beneficiaries – as members presented community fundraiser Jeff Wood with the cheque at a recent meeting at the Parkhill Hotel.
The majority of the funds came from the successful rally and classic car show held last July at Kirkley & Pakefield Football Club.
Mr Wood said: 'It is wonderful that a club which has been an active part of the community in Lowestoft for 26 years has chosen to support us, and recognises the value of the project.
'As a charity we would like to thank Lowestoft Classic Vehicle Club for all the support they have given ECH over the years, and the funds will help to 'raise the roof' of Margaret Chadd House even sooner.'
You may also want to watch:
East Coast Hospice are continuing their work for the new hospice in Gorleston, with the outline of the inpatient unit, day care unit and reception area at Margaret Chadd House in Sidegate Road recently released.
This year, the LCVC rally and car show will be held on Sunday, July 17.
- 1 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 2 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
Some of the money raised will go towards the Oliver's Footsteps fund – a campaign to help Oliver Whittington, who has cerebral palsy, to take his first steps.