Classic vehicle provides keen amateur photographer from Lowestoft with special prize
- Credit: Archant
This image of a classic car, captured in France, has secured a top first for a keen amateur photographer.
This colourful photograph has been judged as our Picture of the Week winner – meaning Jordan Phillips has won our popular contest for the first ever time.
The 16-year-old Lowestoft College student was enjoying a family holiday in France when he was alerted to this gleaming classic vehicle.
Delighted with how the photo turned out - and equally 'chuffed' to have won our competition for the first time - he said: 'We were on a family holiday during the summer holidays, and we were walking down the street when my gran said: 'Look at that nice old car.'
'So I turned around, took the photo and was delighted with the outcome – what with all the colours in the background.'
You may also want to watch:
Having taken up a keen interest in the past four or five months, the teenager has now asked about joining a local photographic club to further enhance his skills.
Jordan, of Pakefield, added: 'I am delighted to have won. I am really chuffed and did not expect it at all.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
As our winner, Jordan receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: email@example.com putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.