Classic vehicle provides keen amateur photographer from Lowestoft with special prize
- Credit: Archant
This image of a classic car, captured in France, has secured a top first for a keen amateur photographer.
This colourful photograph has been judged as our Picture of the Week winner – meaning Jordan Phillips has won our popular contest for the first ever time.
The 16-year-old Lowestoft College student was enjoying a family holiday in France when he was alerted to this gleaming classic vehicle.
Delighted with how the photo turned out - and equally 'chuffed' to have won our competition for the first time - he said: 'We were on a family holiday during the summer holidays, and we were walking down the street when my gran said: 'Look at that nice old car.'
'So I turned around, took the photo and was delighted with the outcome – what with all the colours in the background.'
You may also want to watch:
Having taken up a keen interest in the past four or five months, the teenager has now asked about joining a local photographic club to further enhance his skills.
Jordan, of Pakefield, added: 'I am delighted to have won. I am really chuffed and did not expect it at all.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
As our winner, Jordan receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images.
We also accept prints but we cannot guarantee their return.
Email us your pictures, along with your details and daytime phone number (and mobile number too if possible) to: firstname.lastname@example.org putting Picture of the Week in the subject box.