Clean machine launched in Lowestoft
A �40,000 vehicle designed to keep the streets of Lowestoft in pristine condition was rolled out this week.It can reach speeds of 40mph, can hold a tonne of waste and is one of three to be bought by Waveney Norse.
A �40,000 vehicle designed to keep the streets of Lowestoft in pristine condition was rolled out this week.
It can reach speeds of 40mph, can hold a tonne of waste and is one of three to be bought by Waveney Norse.
The cleaner is more efficient and environmentally friendly than any other machine used previously to clean the roads, say officials.
Its main feature is its cloud-maker, a device that sprays out a fine mist, using less water than before. It means operation times can be extended before it needs to be refilled and it keeps dust to a minimum.
You may also want to watch:
From Monday, the machine will be used in the London Road North area and around the South Pier and London Road South early in the mornings. Later in the day it will be used to cut down the amount of waste dumped in service roads. This means workers can concentrate on clearing up fly-tipping, graffiti and litter.
Mike Daniels, street cleansing manager of Waveney District Council, said the machine achieved more miles per gallon than previous vehicles and its sweeping mechanism could be extended to two metres wide. It also incorporated a special type of brush to remove gum from the floor.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 3 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 4 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 5 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 6 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away