Clive’s skydive will raise money for a charity in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Leaping 13,000 feet out of a plane, plunging to earth at speeds of over 120mph is not how most people would prepare for a wedding.
But groom-to-be Clive Mann, 30, is doing just that - and all for a Lowestoft charity.
Mr Mann, who lives in Chichester with his fiancée Hayley Fulbrook, will be taking on the challenge at Beccles airfield on July 25 for Dial, where his future mother-in-law Julie Fulbrook works.
Mr Mann said: 'As I got to know more about Julie's job and what a fantastic cause it is I said I wanted to do something to help out. As it's our wedding year and we've recently bought our first home I thought I would take one more big jump this year!
'So I've decided to jump out of a plane for charity - the wonderful Dial.
You may also want to watch:
'Every penny donated to Dial is so vital to supporting the local community.
'I really feel strongly for the cause and being on benefits is such a contentious subject and very very high on the political agenda at the moment.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
'People really should know about the good work they do to get the right people the right benefits and help make sure the system is used correctly and it helps those that need it most.'
Dial offers a free, impartial and confidential service for disabled people in Lowestoft, Waveney and North Suffolk.
To donate, visit localgiving.com/fundraising/dialskydive2015