Close contests serve up a treat at Waveney Tennis Club tournament
- Credit: Archant
Close matches were contested at a popular annual tournament.
Serving up a treat, the Waveney Tennis Club's tournament was held last month.
With organisers hailing the success of this year's event, the tournament was played on a beautiful summer's day in the idyllic setting of Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad, followed by a light lunch in the pavilion.
A spokesman for the event organisers said: 'The well attended tournament was played to American rules, which was decided over many close matches. 'However the winner on the day by one point was Roger Morris.
'The club would like to extend thanks to Peter and Lesley Webb for organising the event and providing cakes, and to the Broadview Café for the delicious sandwiches.'
You may also want to watch:
Waveney Tennis Club plays on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings until mid October and new members or visitors are most welcome.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment