Close contests serve up a treat at Waveney Tennis Club tournament
- Credit: Archant
Close matches were contested at a popular annual tournament.
Serving up a treat, the Waveney Tennis Club's tournament was held last month.
With organisers hailing the success of this year's event, the tournament was played on a beautiful summer's day in the idyllic setting of Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad, followed by a light lunch in the pavilion.
A spokesman for the event organisers said: 'The well attended tournament was played to American rules, which was decided over many close matches. 'However the winner on the day by one point was Roger Morris.
'The club would like to extend thanks to Peter and Lesley Webb for organising the event and providing cakes, and to the Broadview Café for the delicious sandwiches.'
You may also want to watch:
Waveney Tennis Club plays on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings until mid October and new members or visitors are most welcome.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault