Close-up Robin shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fantastic close-up shot of a Robin catching a worm was taken by 61-year-old Georgina Brown.
Mrs Brown, of Stevens Street, Lowestoft, used her Lumix GX8 to take the picture.
She said: 'My husband and I were just heading back to our car after one of our many walks on Carlton Marshes.
'We saw the Robin and watched as it looked very intently at something so I took some final pictures before putting my camera away.
'It was only once I was home and checked the photos that I found what the Robin had been looking for - and got.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Brown receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days