Close-up Robin shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fantastic close-up shot of a Robin catching a worm was taken by 61-year-old Georgina Brown.
Mrs Brown, of Stevens Street, Lowestoft, used her Lumix GX8 to take the picture.
She said: 'My husband and I were just heading back to our car after one of our many walks on Carlton Marshes.
'We saw the Robin and watched as it looked very intently at something so I took some final pictures before putting my camera away.
'It was only once I was home and checked the photos that I found what the Robin had been looking for - and got.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Brown receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars