Close up shot of honey bee wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully bright shot of a honey bee captured in a garden in Lowestoft has won our Picture of the Week competition.
Submitted by 78-year-old Sid Cole, the photo was taken on his Canon 5D with a macro lens in September.
He said: 'I saw a number of wasps around the greenery in my garden and went out to take some photos. I saw the lone honey bee and was able to get a nice close up shot. I particularly like this photo because it fascinates me how delicate and fragile the wings appear against the sturdy body.
'I took up photography as a hobby on retirement and like sharing my photos. It is really satisfying to win given the high standard of photos that appear each week.'
As our winner, Mr Cole receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted