Close up shot of honey bee wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully bright shot of a honey bee captured in a garden in Lowestoft has won our Picture of the Week competition.
Submitted by 78-year-old Sid Cole, the photo was taken on his Canon 5D with a macro lens in September.
He said: 'I saw a number of wasps around the greenery in my garden and went out to take some photos. I saw the lone honey bee and was able to get a nice close up shot. I particularly like this photo because it fascinates me how delicate and fragile the wings appear against the sturdy body.
'I took up photography as a hobby on retirement and like sharing my photos. It is really satisfying to win given the high standard of photos that appear each week.'
As our winner, Mr Cole receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft