Closure of St Olaves bridge postponed
Wet weather has forced the postponement of tonight's overnight closure of the A143 at St Olaves Bridge.The overnight closure of bridge had been scheduled between midnight and 6am to allow the bridge to be resurfaced.
Wet weather has forced the postponement of tonight's overnight closure of the A143 at St Olaves Bridge.
The overnight closure of bridge had been scheduled between midnight and 6am to allow the bridge to be resurfaced.
The work and closure have been re-scheduled for tomorrow night from midnight to 6am, but will again be weather dependent. If the work goes ahead, a further road closure will be necessary from midnight the following night for joint cutting, white lining and installation of road studs.
The road will re-open as soon as possible on Saturday morning, but no later than 6am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 4 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 5 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 6 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 7 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 8 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 9 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 10 National recognition as care home 'heroes' are honoured