Closure of St Olaves bridge postponed
Wet weather has forced the postponement of tonight's overnight closure of the A143 at St Olaves Bridge.The overnight closure of bridge had been scheduled between midnight and 6am to allow the bridge to be resurfaced.
Wet weather has forced the postponement of tonight's overnight closure of the A143 at St Olaves Bridge.
The overnight closure of bridge had been scheduled between midnight and 6am to allow the bridge to be resurfaced.
The work and closure have been re-scheduled for tomorrow night from midnight to 6am, but will again be weather dependent. If the work goes ahead, a further road closure will be necessary from midnight the following night for joint cutting, white lining and installation of road studs.
The road will re-open as soon as possible on Saturday morning, but no later than 6am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 3 Man dies following collision on A12
- 4 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 5 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 6 Tools stolen from work van during night time break-in
- 7 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 8 Plans for glamping site on Suffolk coast withdrawn
- 9 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband