Coastal artwork brings area to life
- Credit: Archant
An art graduate has created a vibrant series of artwork depicting life on the Suffolk coast.
The Suffolk Worlds series, by artist Emma Graham, 47, uses a variety of styles, from vibrant inks to soft colour pencil, to bring to life the myths and legends of locations such as Southwold, Orford and Thorpeness in a circular, 'mini-world' format.
Ms Graham, from Shotley Gate, who has graduated from the Great Yarmouth College of Art, said: 'It's not just Southwold that inspires me, it's the East Anglian coast as a whole.
'It's wild and rugged, a blast of elements, whether it's a howling day in winter with thundering waves, or a glorious sunny day with crisp blue sky and dazzling colour.'
The idea for Suffolk Worlds came about after Ms Graham designed a series for children called Small Worlds (www.mysmallworlds.com).
You may also want to watch:
Ms Graham, who was awarded RHS Silver Gilt Medal at the Chelsea Flower Show for a exhibit she designed, explained: 'Someone said I should try local worlds and it started with Aldeburgh and I'm working my way around the coast of the UK!
'I am mentally planning a huge London World, though the thought of all that detail could send me crazy.'
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
Currently Ms Graham is working on concepts to achieve her dream to illustrate children's books, with the aim of finding an agent or publisher later this year.
All artwork in the Suffolk Worlds series is available as limited edition prints framed or unframed
For further information visit www.egrahamillustrations.co.uk.
Have you got an upcoming Southwold story about the arts? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email email@example.com