Coastal artwork brings area to life
- Credit: Archant
An art graduate has created a vibrant series of artwork depicting life on the Suffolk coast.
The Suffolk Worlds series, by artist Emma Graham, 47, uses a variety of styles, from vibrant inks to soft colour pencil, to bring to life the myths and legends of locations such as Southwold, Orford and Thorpeness in a circular, 'mini-world' format.
Ms Graham, from Shotley Gate, who has graduated from the Great Yarmouth College of Art, said: 'It's not just Southwold that inspires me, it's the East Anglian coast as a whole.
'It's wild and rugged, a blast of elements, whether it's a howling day in winter with thundering waves, or a glorious sunny day with crisp blue sky and dazzling colour.'
The idea for Suffolk Worlds came about after Ms Graham designed a series for children called Small Worlds (www.mysmallworlds.com).
You may also want to watch:
Ms Graham, who was awarded RHS Silver Gilt Medal at the Chelsea Flower Show for a exhibit she designed, explained: 'Someone said I should try local worlds and it started with Aldeburgh and I'm working my way around the coast of the UK!
'I am mentally planning a huge London World, though the thought of all that detail could send me crazy.'
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
Currently Ms Graham is working on concepts to achieve her dream to illustrate children's books, with the aim of finding an agent or publisher later this year.
All artwork in the Suffolk Worlds series is available as limited edition prints framed or unframed
For further information visit www.egrahamillustrations.co.uk.
Have you got an upcoming Southwold story about the arts? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org