Check your journey: Bus timetable changes come into effect tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Bus users on the coast will need to check timetables after changes were announced by First Norfolk and Suffolk.
Coastal bus services between Lowestoft, Beccles, Great Yarmouth, Southwold and Norwich are all affected by the changes which come into force tomorrow (Sunday, May 27).
On their website, First said: 'The majority of the changes are minor and many are in order to accommodate extra passengers travelling around the coastal area during the summer.'
The X1/X11 between Norwich, Great Yarmouth and Belton or Lowestoft will see minor timetable changes.
The X2/X21/X22 between Norwich, Loddon, Beccles and Lowestoft will no longer enter Hales village due to the change in the road layout at Hales roundabout on the A146.
You may also want to watch:
All buses will instead serve the new bus stops on the A146 alongside some minor timetable changes, mainly in the morning peak.
The Coastal Clipper 1/1A between Martham, Hemsby, Caister, Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Lowestoft will have a summer timetable introduced, including extra buses between Hemsby and Great Yarmouth station, with Vauxhall Holiday Centre operated by service 1B until September.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
There are also minor timetable changes to this service.
The Coastal Clipper 99 between Lowestoft, Kessingland and Southwold will have an extra journey between Lowestoft and Kessingland at 2.40pm between Monday and Friday.
This bus will return from the Africa Alive bus stop in Kessingland at 3.05pm, along with additional buses during the summer season.
The Great Yarmouth Seasider 3 will see the re-introduction of the Open Top service along the seafront and to and from Seashore Holiday Centre.
Finally, the Great Yarmouth town service 4 will see buses operate the opposite way around Tessera Park in Caister, leaving Prince of Wales Road one minute earlier than present.
Full details are available on the First Norfolk and Suffolk website here.