Hospice raises £77,000 for families across Waveney
- Credit: St Elizabeth Hospice
A coastal hospice has raised £77,000 for families across Waveney as part of its Christmas campaign, Be a Star.
People were encouraged by St Elizabeth Hospice, which has a base in Beccles and Ipswich, to host their own socially distanced fundraising activities or to donate to the charity directly.
The money raised will contribute towards vital care for people with progressive and life limiting illnesses.
Pauline Donkin, Head of Individual Giving and Supporter Care at St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “We are so grateful for the fantastic response we have received for Be a Star.
“Christmas is a special time for everyone but especially for the families and patients we care for.
You may also want to watch:
"Illness doesn’t stop during the festive season and via our Ipswich inpatient unit, our nurses in the community and six specialist palliative care beds in Beccles we supported hundreds of patients and their families this Christmas.
"A service we would not be able to provide without the continued support we receive from local communities.”
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex